Monday 1 September 2014

Wash Day

Or, what happens when I wash my hair late on a Sunday night.

It was really quick and really simple because of my overwhelming desire to get myself into bed as soon as possible. I knew I need to shampoo - I'd been spritzing aloe vera juice and rose water and sealing with Anita Grant's Café Latte every couple of days and I just wanted to get rid of the heaviness

1) I'd pre-pooed for a day with Vatika Oil and separated my hair into about 7 twisted sections.

2) Then I used Shea Butter Cottage Liquid African Black Soap to cleanse my scalp (3 pumps) and hair (1 pump). I like how convenient it is - I just pump it out of the bottle when I need. Even though it's really runny, it foams well, but I don't think I spread it efficiently, so I ended up using 3 pumps on my scalp and I think that's a waste. I think I'm going to used an applicator bottle next time. I rinsed well with warm water.

3) Then I applied Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Conditioner on my hair. At first I thought I preferred the smell to the Ylang Ylang and Lavender. Then I couldn't stand it. Then I rinsed it out and thought the smell is quite tolerable, actually.
It was a roller coaster five minutes.

4) I used Kinky Curly Knot Today to help my finger untangling of my hair. The ends of my hair were really gluing together and I wasn't overwhelmed by the leave in's help there. I went by section by section, and after I'd finished I turned the twist into a plait/braid, twisting the ends.




I think I'd planned to undo the braids, but I just ended up styling them and leaving the house like that. I know it's not the look for everyone, but it makes me feel more serious and I think it gets the people at work to take me more seriously.

A few notes on my hair - I think tea rinses are not for me. Either that, or I was really stressed a couple of weeks/months ago, because my shedding has reduced WAY down since I've stopped doing them. Seriously. I'm turning into one of those "look at my tiny handful of hair lost!" blogging ladies who I always gently filed under the category of 'over optimistic truth stretchers'.

Plus, my hair, even in plaits, feels really soft. I keep stroking them (but only at home, I don't want people to think I'm strange...).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)