Thursday 4 February 2016

Oh dear.

In light of my recent reaction, I was really surprised (and saddened) to come across across this article discussing lead levels in a well known natural hair brand.

The link simply mentioned a beauty brand and I hadn't known it was going to be Alikay Naturals, since the site where I found the link was completely unrelated to natural hair.

For your own safety and information, whether you have used Alikay Naturals Bentonite Me Baby or not, I would urge you to read the article.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's rather unfortunate. I am getting ready to start a new skin care regimen (following the one from Klassy Kinks on Youtube). She mentioned using this clay, but I opted against it just because. I usually buy the Aztec Secrets bentonite clay, but I decided to try a new clay by Pure Bliss. After reading that article, I decided to check out my own purchase. I haven't found any negative reviews so I'm crossing my fingers.

    As for you, are you going to get tested for lead poisoning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! I had to reblog this, thanks for alerting us all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)