Thursday 4 September 2014

Time to Trim

After my last wash day, I noticed two things: 1. My ends were getting really tangled with each and b) The ends of my braids looked really scrawny. Even for my fine haired self, those were some very little looking tail ends.


My method is simply and is two basic steps:

  • Examine chunks of hair. 
  • Where it starts thinning out at the end, trim. 
My hair is so fine it might be hard to see, but there's 2 -3 inches after that thick looking part in my hand.

I found I really enjoyed trimming my hair. I don't know - maybe it's because wearing wash and goes frequently all summer has gotten me accustomed to the (shorter) length of my hair. Maybe it's because I don't have to cut to eliminate split ends - I've checked and I don't have any.

It's weird, but a couple of months ago, the thought of cutting my hair would have had my heart palpitating. And today I calmly cut of 2 to 3 inches off from all over.
My cloud of trimmed hair.

On another note, I'm considering wearing a wash and go to work. One of my colleagues and I were chatting about it today - she has long, ombre bleached wavy hair and was not overly impressed with how her hair had frizzed out.

I mentioned thinking of wearing my hair out to work and she said I said go for it - but, eh, I'm not sure. Mainly because of practical reasons - I don't really want my hair in my face or distracting the people I work with. Also....winter is coming (no, I don't watch the show! Goodness).

Cold hair in winter = Frozen Simple Thing. 

But I'm definitely considering it for the summer. I know, I know, I'm 11 and a half months too early. What can I say - I'm a forward planner!

Would you wear your hair out where you work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)