Tuesday 9 September 2014

Wash and Go in the Winter

Remember when I said I was craving wash and go hair? Well, that feeling has not gone away at all - maybe it's my mental refusal to let go of summer? Or maybe because I got so used wearing the style (and having it dry in under an hour)?

But I thought, no, I'll be good and wear my hair stretched this season. Wash and go hair in winter is just asking to turn into an icicle or catching pneumonia, or something equally ridiculous as that life choice.

Well, I stumbled across this video today and it inspired me to rethink wearing wash and go hair in the cooler seasons up here in the Northern Hemisphere.



Her hair came out beautifully and it sparked my memory of something similar - you know, the infamous Naptural85 'Winter Wash and Go'? My texture is closer to Whitney's (Naptural85's) than it is to Tasha's (pashtash's), so I think the resemblance would definitely lean that way.

But two different women having done something so similar successfully (and Whitney has helpfully made a video detailing how she maintains this style for 5 days after) makes me think that it might be possible.

From what I've seen, it's clean hair + moisture + medium sized twists + finger detangling + gentle separating/fluffing = awesome hair.

What's not to love?

And hallelujah for my fine strands, it's low manipulation.

Let's see how my luck turns out with this twist out that's not a twist out....Maybe the paradox will save me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)