Wednesday 8 December 2010

Falcon's Amazing Modified Carrots

When I was in first year of university, I had an amazing flat mate from the states.

She was amazing.

She knew this guy, called Falcon, who had amazing hair, and who made this dish before my very eyes.

It was amazing too.

What can I say?

I'm surrounded by a lot of amazing things and people.

What I love about this dish is the pure simplicity - two to three typical kitchen ingredients, 10 minutes of your time, and bam, you're done! Helps you clear out those two or three or five carrots that always seems to be in the fridge, lurking about, like a Justin Bieber fan backstage, or a bogey in the bat cave.

Or maybe that's just me.

Everyone who has tasted this asks "What did you put in there?"

And then they say "No way!" when I tell them it's literally two ingredients.

Ingredients

1 teaspoon of vegetable oil (optional)
2 carrots
1.5 tablespoons of chicken/vegetable bouillon/powdered stock.

Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, if you're using.

When the pan is hot, add the carrots and allow them to just cook for about 5 minutes, till soft.



Then add the stock and stir well, to make sure it's well distributed.


And...that's it.

No, really, that's it.

No, seriously, they're done! Serve as a side, with..well, anything. It's like James Bond in a suit - you somehow get the feeling it would somehow manage to fit in anywhere.

Unless you're not satisfied. In which case, you can do the hustle:


Enjoy.

Doing the hustle, as well as the carrots.

1 comment:

  1. wow??? ok, gotta give this a try! thought it was going to turn into some kind of carrot fritters/cakes or something!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)