Friday 12 November 2010

Winter Regime-y-ma-bob

Winter has arrived. Where I am it's windy, it's so rainy it borders on flooding and mildly cold. Or maybe it's really cold. I wouldn't know, I'm currently wearing 5 layers of clothing.
So, I'm not usually one for sticking to regimes and stuffs. Because I'm not great at remembering things, and run out of product and never re-stock, so they tend to fall apart.

But I'm going to try it this winter. For my hair's sake. If I can make it to lectures and seminars on time, I can remember to co-wash weekly.
These products I'm using aren't necessarily stuff I'm in love with. They're just stuff that I have on hand and am kind of testing out.


Monthly:
  • Pre-Shampoo treatment of Coconut milk, Coconut Oil and Castor Oil
  • Clarify with Cleansing Hibiscus Hair Gloss
  • Oil Rinse
Twice Monthly:
  • Deep Condition with either Caramel Moisturising Hair Treatment or Protein treatment
Weekly :
  • Co-Wash with a mix of Inecto Conditioner, and TRESemmé Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
  • Moisturise with Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturiser
  • Sealing with My Honey Child Type 4 Hair Creme and Vatika Oil

Obviously, I won't follow this exactly since
1) My life has an interesting habit of constantly disrupting my best laid of plans
2) I am lazy when it comes to my hair. I like my hair to be an aspect of my life, not
the centre of it.
3) Sometimes, it won't feel like it needs washing. So I won't washing. I like to do
things on a necessity only basis. Keeps things simple.

I'm also going to be styling my hair .... well, whenever I feel like it. When I style,
I'll de-tangle before hand on dry hair with Aubrey's Organics Honeysuckle Rose
Conditioner. And I'll be wearing a satin scarf at night (tied down, because I seem
to like doing some weird sleep-aerobics that includes throwing my scarf across
my room). Since I've got colour in my fringe, obviously that will get more protein
as well, which I'm getting by leaving in Original Source White Pear and Avocado
Conditioner the night before a co-wash, since my hair has low porosity.


Everything I mentioned in this post I bought with my pocket monies. Please
remember that what I'm using now may not work for everyone - heck, I'm
not sure if it'll work for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)