Tuesday 12 June 2012

Bye Bye Bobby Pins!


I decided that the facade was no longer as shiny as it once was and that it was time to get rid of them once and for all...



Well. I'm not waving goodbye to bobby pins altogether. Just these. Just below, on the bottom, you can see one of the bobby pins I shafted and on the top, the ones I use on a regular basis.

On the bottom, smaller, thinner top portion; more likely to snap and break (in my hair, egads!) or trap a strand around it's pointy, malevolent flat, knife-like edge.

On the top, the thicker bobby pin, with a softened edge that my hair will just rub over with no consequences. Yep, sign me up for another 75 of these please!

When I was doing like Jill Scott and daydreamin' in my hair, I ran out of bobby pins. And then I looked at the bottom pins, which were my emergency set should I ever run out of the good stuff and realised that I would not be putting these in my hair in any way, shape or form.

So they're getting shafted since they can no longer fulfil the purpose they were originally bought for.

Bye guys!

No sir, you will not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)