Monday 4 August 2014

Wash Day

1) Pre-pooed with Vatika Oil overnight.

2) Used Garnier Ultra Blend Coconut Oil Sleek Restorer to detangle and sectioned my hair into 6 twists.

3) Shampooed with Sheabutter Cottage's Liquid African Black Soap, gently massaging it into my scalp, and then letting it run over the rest of my hair when I rinsed.

4) (Deep?) Conditioned with Aubreys Organics Glycogen Protein in Lavender and Ylang Ylang for five minutes, then rinsed out.

5) I styled section by section, because I wanted to do a wash and go. I worked on each twists half, and from the back to the front, so I could keep up with which parts I'd done. I used Kinky Curly Knot Today as a leave in. First time using - first impression? I'm not a fan of the smell!

6) Then I applied Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie on top.

7) Finally, I raked through the Olive Oil Eco Styler Gel.

There was a lot of white foaming residue happening so when I got over to the right side and started from the back, I switched to my DIY Interim Hair Milk as the leave in and skipped the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, just to see what would happen.

In the manner of Courtney from ThinkandGrow Chick, I twisted some sections of my hair that needed coaxing to hold a pattern of any sort.

8) I shook my head, in order to discourage the ends sticking together and causing knots.

Although my hair dried clear it. was. so. crunchy! As in, when I touched it, it felt crisp. It felt like a crisp! Except not as yummy. Every time I squished my hair between my fingers, it felt like I was crushing it.

It last a few days, but I wasn't impressed by the flaking over the next couple of days, as the gel 'softened'. The gel crunch flakes (sounds like the most disgusting cereal in the world) would be there on my shoulders every time I touched my hair after it dried, including putting it up at night and taking it down the next day.

The definition was good (probably, hence the crunch) but the shape of my hair was like a mullet.
Faster than my mullet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)