Monday 18 August 2014

Wash (And Go!) Day

1) Slathered on an abundance of Vatika Oil and left it for an hour (or two) while I put laundry in.

2) I mixed 1 teaspoon of honey, with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 3 teaspoons of rhassoul clay, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 60ml (1/4 cup) of water.


Why does apple cider vinegar make the clay mixture fizz every time?


I plonked all of this on my hair, making sure to get every strand covered but deliberately limiting how much I raked my fingers through.


This was not the moment for detangling. The mix was slightly sticky (due to the honey - I tend to limit how much food I use in hair products, because I'm mostly eating all my honey. And bananas. And using all my avocados for guacamole. Or on toast...)

I left that on for an hour while I took the laundry out.

3) Rinsed through under warm water until the water ran clear. Then conditioned heavily with Ultra Blends Vanilla and Papaya, using the slip to help me separate my hair into twisted sections. I used a generous palmful of conditioner per section and ended up with 6 twists.

4) I left the conditioner in for about five minutes while I washed the shower and then rinsed it out while still in the sections.

5) I unraveled each twisted section, clipped one half out of the way and working on the other half. Then I used Kinky Curly Knot Today as a leave in and a light detangler, before adding some Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie on top, before finally topping off with some Kinky Curly Curling Custard. Then I'd move on to the clipped up section and so on 'till my hair was completely done.


There was a lot of whiteness (that's not shine - it's product) going on before it dried and I genuinely didn't think it would go away...

But it did!


However, upon closer inspection, I noticed some flaking - aaargh! The white parts look like excess stuff that, hidden in the undergrowth, rebelled and refused to dry clear.




Is that what people mean when they meant to go light on the Kinky Curly Curling Custard? Or was it the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie that was the culprit? I'll have to do this style again and find out.

In general, I loved the way my hair shrunk, so it was more 'cute mushroom' as opposed to 'heavy mullet' that I got with the Olive Oil Eco Styler. And my goodness, the lack of crunch was ASTOUNDING. So soft and touchable! Heehee, will have to try this again and try and minimalise the flaking.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)