Monday 6 June 2011

The Very Picture of Folly?

Since I've finished, I think updating slightly more regularly should be a given.

That, and I've been struck down by some sort of malevolent plague since Saturday evening so I can't really leave my room, lest I unleash it upon the rest of the student population. 

The Cold Fairy has a wicked sense of irony. 

Back to the actual subject of this post. The story goes like this:

Girl is wandering about town centre by herself (no adult supervision, tut tut). Decides to pop into TK Maxx (known as TJ Maxx in the States) to ogle at the shoes that will not fit her.

As usual, she drifts past the hair section, as she does in Every Single Shop she enters. 

But something is different. There is...wait, does that bottle say Giovanni? By gum, it does! TK Maxx is stocking the entire Giovanni shampoo and conditioner range (though sadly, not the direct leave-in. *sniff*)

However, the price tag is £14.99. Yep, that's right, 15 squid for 1 litre of product. 

The girl tries to talk herself out of it. After all, she's never tried any of them. What if she hates it? What if she goes bald?! And it's £15! That's a lot of food!

Knowing that cosmetic products are non - refundable, she fights with herself a little longer.


Bed's not made because I plan on getting right back in there  *cough, hawwwwk*

And then caves in the biggest way possible. Someone obviously forgot their Willpower for breakfast that morning.

I've used it a couple of times on my scalp, and I like it (THANK GOD), though it does dry the hair out, so it's NOT a moisturising shampoo. It clearly reads on the description it's purpose:

Shampoo should clean hair. Really good shampoo should make you tingle from head to toe. With tea tree triple threat shampoo, invigorating ingredients wash in rejuvenation while washing away the previous day. 
You're left with something rich, something clean. Something incredibly stimulating...for hair and mind. Think about it.

No mention of hydrating, because that's not what it does folks. 

The Wonder Thing's thoughts on it: "It's....minty.'

The Faerie has used some too, and although she agrees that it's slightly drying too, she likes it because it helped her get the newly earned sweat out of her hair.

Yes, I'm sharing product with other people - may I remind you that it's 1 litre. Of shampoo.

And even though I'm happy with it, and even though it's more cost efficient that buying 3 of the shampoo for the same price and getting less product.... I still feel that I will forever think of myself as the girl who spent £15 on shampoo. It has a pump, for goodness sake! Which makes using it in the shower a breeze but still...it unsettles me slightly.

It kind of says "Hey! Look at me! I have a pump! Someone's obviously crazy obsessed here!"

Me? Crazy? Whaddya mean?

6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't do it myself but technically 1 litre is a lot more than a standard bottle size. It needs a pump too (Aveda products also come with a pump for large sizes).

    That said........you are crazy lol (just joking :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also found the Giovanni 50:50 in that size for $15 here (US) in TJ Maxx. Score! They have different parts of the line in different shipments. Always check back b/c I think I have seen the Direct L.I. here before.

    Hey...if it doesn't do it for you sell it on a swap for like $5 or something.

    Congrats on finishing your studies!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they sell Giovanni in town now? The temptation is too strong. If they had the Direct-leave in, I'd be a goner. Luckily, I'm on a strict purchasing ban (well, at least for shampoo and conditioner) until everything is gone! No space for all this stuff :(

    Anyways, congrats on finishing uni... yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ JC - I know, the guy at TK Maxx knows it...may as well let the whole world know it!
    @b. - Sorry, I just had to scrape my jaw off the floor. Fifteen DOLLARS? *breathes to prevent jealousy* and thank you! ^_^
    @K: Yep, I went in there today (I don't have problems, honest) and they were still there. My friend saw where I was heading and dragged me off before more damage was done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl!
    I went into TKmaxx a few week ago and those 1 litre bottles of Giovanni where on sale! £11.00 each!! I DID NOT RESIST!!!! My husband thought I had finally lost it. I am too ashamed to say how much I spent. It's between me and my God:-)

    Still eating baked beans on toast till date, so broke. But everyday my hair thanks me for it. Now, I just need to find a support group for PJs anonymous..............

    ReplyDelete
  6. What....SALE?! :o
    My bank account is thankful that there isn't a TKmaxx near me, but I'll find my way there soon... *rubs hands in glee* Thanks for the tip Koily K! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)