Tuesday 17 July 2012

Back to Basics

For some reason, the hectic nature of the past couple of months life wise seem to have meant that I've completely forgotten everything I started researching when I decided to have my hair the way it is.

For some reason, the one week of summer we had back in May or sometime prompted me to leave behind my beloved Tresemmé Naturals conditioner in favour of Giovanni's Direct Leave In and a protein conditioner without much slip that smells like cherries [yes, I'm that easy to sway].

Last week Tuesday, having to cope with a more tangling than usual, I decided to de-tangle before rinsing my hair, since I was trying to minimise shrinking. To aid me in this task, I pulled out the old Tresemme Naturals and saturated my hair and welcomed the slip.

Y'know, slip, that element of conditioners that allows combs and fingers and shed hairs to easily pass past each other?

It's one of the first things newbies seem to be told by people on the boards when it comes to de-tangling as well as never to de-tangle hair with a comb/brush when dry.

It's something that's so basic that...I'd just forgotten about it completely in the past couple of months.

Slip, oh, how I've missed you.

My hair couldn't tangle if it had wanted to. My hands slipped through my hair like it used to, back in the day when I cared about this stuff. I could've cried with joy, except I had places to go and things to do, you know. I left it in for a while, before rinsing it out well, and sealing with a shea butter mix, another thing that I hadn't done in aaaaaaages.

My hair felt delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)