Wednesday 25 August 2010

British Bloggers?

I recently saw a friend of an associate of my sister.
Me: So what are you up to?
Him: Yeah, well, I'm working on my writing.
Me: Oh! You should start a blog! That'd really help you improve your writing!
Him:...start a what?

And I realised something. There's a serious deficit of British bloggers. I'm sure there must be some out there but out of the 37 blogs I currently read on a daily basis, only 4 of them are British.
Just 2 of them are regularly updated.
Since I am (obviously) hair obsessed, a lot of the blogs are hair related - since finding information and hair style ideas is so hard to do on the ground in the U.K, I have resorted to the internet and she has responded gloriously.

However, I know there must be more British bloggers than this who have similar interests to me (y'know, hair, cake, fros, life improvement and trying to get 7 year old nephews to eat vegetables. The usual) but I have no idea where to find them.
As far as I know, there are no sort of web awards or conferences that happen everywhere. It's seriously not as if people have anything better to do (as obvious from my facebook news feed detailing the various boredoms of various 'associates').

I feel like starting a revolution, of grabbing the nearest apathetic teen, shaking some life and excitement into them and yelling "Express yourself creatively! Without having to resort to LiveJournal!!"
Oh well. Do as Gandhi did. Be the change you want to see in the world and all that.

6 comments:

  1. I love the way you crossed out "a friend" and wrote "an associate". So funny.

    I'm British!!!

    I'm not even trying to be a writer, I think my blog is more like therapy for me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I hear what you say about British bloggers. Have a read of http://blackzen.me/ - it's a personal (British) favourite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @AFro-Dytee: Heeeyy! Yeah, I know you are, and I'm slowly reaching out to try and find some more...maybe it's not the British bloggers - maybe it's just me!

    @Michelle: I've visited it before, but I didn't know it was British.
    Thanks guys, maybe it is just me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to update mine regularly and i've just moved to wordpress( tonight!), so fingers crossed, i will try and get better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @SweetStar: Good luck! I'm glad to see you've returned...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree about the lack of British bloggers - if you're looking for British black bloggers it's even worse!

    I personally like JC at The natural Haven and I've just started my own blog called The Hokey Cokey - www.thehokeycokey.com. It's a bit random - hair, fashion, bikes, art - just whatever takes my fancy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)