Wednesday 18 August 2010

The Long and Short of it (My hair)

So, as I said in a previous post, I'm trying to get to waist length. My hair is currently at collar bone length and is longer on my left side than my right:


My left side

I'm quite tall, so rather than the usual 12 inches between shoulder length and waist length, I have about 13 inches before I can rollick around like Lady Godiva with my massive blow out fro covering my modesty.
I can't ride a horse though. So that part may prove problematic. Amongst others...

It's not in great condition - the ends are frazzled from being hidden in extension braids and twists with no moisture or protein while I transitioned. I reckon those massages must be doing something, because the roots feel gorgeous.

I don't even know what I'm going to do to get it that far. Leave it I guess. I don't do too well with plans!

I can't lie - I got a bit bored of rocking a puff, plus, I haven't properly detangled in a while, so certain relatives were getting frustrated/annoyed.
In short, my mum did my hair in cornrows. They look pretty neat - just a simple patter on my head. I've currently unbraided one, so that I can have a bit of a practise, and my 3 year old nephew is mucking about with it.
He's rather aggressive. *whispers* help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)