Monday 29 September 2014

Wash Day

1. I mixed together about 1.5 tablespoons of Vatika Oil and third of a cup (80ml) of Aubreys Organics Glycogen Balancing Conditioner in a bowl, having melted the Vatika Oil previously using a roughshod bain marie.




 I applied it to the thicker half of my hair first (rookie mistake) and promptly had to mix up another batch because it wasn't enough.

2. I put on a plastic shower cap and waited it out for an hour while I did some work.

Wonder Thing: *marvelling* All of your hair doesn't even fit under there!
Simple Thing: *stubbornly ignores him*


Before Deep Conditioning/ after deep conditioning

2. Shampoo - 1 tablespoon of honey, teaspoon of Shea Butter's black soap and half a cup of hibiscus tea. I applied it to my scalp only.



3. Then I did an ACV rinse - I always forget/neglect to dilute it, since I reckon I'm rinsing it out anyway and with how hard my water is, a little bit of strength won't hurt, right?

4. I followed that up with Garnier Ultra Blend Shea Butter and Avocado conditioner.

5. I wanted to try a different leave in, so I pulled out the Camille Rose Coconut Water Leave In Treatment. Um, I looked for slip and it was lacking, Cue me quickly jumping ship straight back to Kinky Curly Knot Today to finish off detangling and moisturising the rest of my hair.

6. I tried to use Eco Styler olive oil gel with the Camille Rose Naturals Leave In but when I switched to the Kinky Curly Knot Today, I left it out. If they can't play nice, then they just can't play together at all.


7. I twisted my hair and then left it! I'm kind of hoping that I can leave it for a couple of days (ooh, protective styling!) and then release it for an awesome faux wash and go (ooh, awesome styling!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)