Wednesday 9 March 2011

Lent Promises

See, I thought I could get out of this, since I'm on a buying ban.

But, I'm considering giving up meat for Lent *ponders* Well, I say giving up but I'm trying to think of it differently. People like to focus on losses in life and forget to see what they have left and what they may have actually gained. So I'm not giving up meat - I am embracing vegetables - courgettes, sweet bell peppers, s-l-o-w-l-y pan fried onions and mushrooms for breakfast, crushed garlic, wedges of spicy sweet potatoes, ladles of steamed peas rolled in butter...

I'm falling in love with fish again. I'm going to go loopy for lentils and get chummy with grains. Rices? Yes please! Long, short, white, brown, basmati, easy-cook, boiled, steamed, fried with spices and soy sauce, wrapped up in tortillas, or spilling out of pitta breads and saucily dancing all over my palate and palate.

Yesterday, I gorged myself stupid on pancakes and chocolate spread (om nom nom) but we'll see what delights come up with this new challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I love your positive mentality! Yer...I'm a step behind you so giving up shopping for Lent but hopefully this is a positive thing cos then I can save up for something more meaningful :)

    Xisses, Onyxsta

    http://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)