|L-R: Alikay Naturals Coconut Caribbean Cream Shampoo sample, |
Anita Grant's Creamy Café Vanilla Latte,
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Deep Conditioner (local beauty shop and available online,
Shea Decadence Cocoa Frappucino Moisture Plus Leave in,
Garnier Ultimate Blends Avocado Oil and Shea Butter.
1. I pre-pooed with (too much) coconut oil and some Garnier Ultra Blends Avocado and Shea Butter conditioner for an hour. The time lapse wasn't on purpose - I just spent that long after starting looking for the leave in conditioner for the above photo.
2. When I got in the shower, I let my hair get sopping wet before gently separating into 6 sections with the clips.
It's been two weeks since my hair had been properly looked after, and I was expecting a lot of breakage, shedding and hair loss in general. I wasn't disappointed. Eeeshhh.
3. I decided to try a new shampoo I'd bought a sample of: Alikay Naturals Caribbean Coconut Milk Shampoo. It lathered really well, cut through the coconut oil really well and smelt absolutely frigging delicious but I will only be using it that one time *sigh* It's not a bad product, it's just...complicated.
4. Then I applied the Shea Moisture Deep conditioner (such a long name) and left it on for about 10 minutes. I rinsed and detangled and my goodness, it was an absolute delight. My love affair with Shea Moisture's deep conditioners can be firmly cemented right here.
5. Then I used Shea Decadence's Leave In, and set my hair in Curlformers and sat under my soft hooded dryer for about an hour.
I never really get over how curlformers stretch my hair. Even though I always seem to try and put them in after my hair has gone through some (self-inflicted) massive trauma ...
|Shed hair stuck in the Curlformer ¬.¬|
I very rarely ever wear sets out in public, but I was really pleased with this particular one (and a little bit tired and running low on time) so I went with the flow, pinned up my bangs and set off to church.
As a testament to my hair's inability to hold any set for any reasonable amount of time, (and to hold a curlformer set for even less than that) an hour later, my hair ended up like this:
|Thank you, bizarre December fog/humidity!|